The Assassins' Guild is an Erilean organization of assassins. Its headquarters are located in Rifthold at the Assassins' Keep. The Guild itself trains and employs all of the assassins of the continent.
A small council of Arobynn Hamel's most trusted assassins consists of:
- Ben, his Second-in-Command
- Aelin Galathynius, his heir and protégée
- Tern, his Second-in-Command following the death of Ben and imprisonment Aelin
- Sam Cortland
Pitting the assassins against each other, the Guild encourages cutthroat behavior. While fellow assassins are allies, they are first and foremost enemies to be watched. Weakness is never to be shown at any cost. Brutality is rewarded. As words are just as deadly as steel, education and culture are equally important.
Change in Leadership
After Arobynn was killed by Lysandra, Aelin was present at the reading of his will in the Assassins' Keep. She was named as the sole beneficiary of Arobynn's assets, fortune and holdings, to the chagrin of Tern and his associates. She sold the Keep and the Guild back to the three assassins, making Tern, Harding and Mullin the new Kings of the Assassins.
- Aelin was named the beneficiary after switching Arobynn's will. In the original, Tern was named as the sole beneficiary, which would have made him King of the Assassins.
- ↑ The Assassin's Blade: The Assassin and the Desert by Sarah J. Maas, pg. 154